BACKGROUNDER: RELOCATED LCBO STORE IN SIMCOE - 154 QUEENSWAY ROAD EAST
February 12, 2014 11:09 ET
● The relocated LCBO store at 154 Queensway Road East provides improved convenience, selection and service.
● The official opening is Wednesday, February 12, 2014, at 9:30 a.m.
● The store serves a population of more than 20,000, which is expected to increase by two per cent in the next 10 years.
● This 10,000 square-foot store is 31 per cent larger than the former location at 83 Sydenham Street, with more than 6,500 square feet of display space – 86 per cent more than the previous store. It offers in excess of 1,600 brands of wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails, coolers and beverage gift packs – including a VINTAGES section with up to 250 premium wines and spirits.
● It also offers more than 320 Ontario wines, including a section devoted to more than 170 VQA products.
● The new store features a walk-in beer cold room with more than 450 linear feet of shelving. The cold room offers a wide selection of beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers and is chilled by outside air for much of the year.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has six checkouts, including a customer service counter, and is wheelchair accessible.
● There are 13 full-time and part-time employees, including a product consultant, who can advise customers and licensees on menu and party planning, cellaring wine and stocking a bar. All staff are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday and noon to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.
Senior Communications Consultant
Phone: 416 864-6875
Cell: 647 339-5428