BACKGROUNDER: RELOCATED LCBO STORE IN NORTH YORK - NORTH PARK PLAZA
February 5, 2014 10:13 ET
● The relocated North Park Plaza LCBO store at 1339 Lawrence Avenue West in North York offers improved convenience, selection and service.
● The official opening is Wednesday, February 5, 2014, at 9:30 a.m.
● The store services a population of nearly 73,000, with the population expected to increase by 2.5 per cent in the next ten years.
● This 12,000 square-foot store is about 50 per cent larger than the former within the North Park Plaza, with more than 8,200 square feet of display space – more than three times that of the previous store. There are in excess of 1,700 brands of wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails, coolers and beverage gift packs – including a VINTAGES section with up to 500 premium wines and spirits.
● It also offers some 260 brands of Ontario wines, including a section devoted to more than 120 VQA products.
● The new store features a walk-in beer cold room with more than 600 linear feet of shelving. The cold room offers a wide selection of beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers and is chilled by outside air for much of the year.
● Other features include a tasting bar and parking.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has seven checkouts, including a customer service counter, and is wheelchair accessible.
● There are 20 full-time and part-time employees, including a product consultant, who can advise customers and licensees on menu and party planning, cellaring wine and stocking a bar. All staff are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Saturday, and 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Sunday.
Senior Communications Consultant
Phone: 416 864-6875
Cell: 647 339-5428