BACKGROUNDER - LCBO OPENS RELOCATED STORE IN KANATA - 499 TERRY FOX DRIVE
December 11, 2013 15:48 ET
● The relocated LCBO store in Kanata at 499 Terry Fox Drive LCBO offers improved convenience, selection and service.
● The store services a population of about 50,000 people and it is expected to grow by 17 per cent over the next 10 years.
● The official opening is Wednesday, December 11, 2013, at 9:30 a.m.
● The 11,000 square-foot store is more than 4,900 square feet larger than the former Centrum Plaza store it replaces. It has almost 7,780 square feet of display space, some 3,500 square feet more than the former store. There is a wide selection of nearly 2,000 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails, coolers and beverage gift packs – including a VINTAGES section – compared with 1,700 in the former store.
● It also offers more than 380 brands of Ontario wines, including a section devoted to nearly 200 VQA products.
● The new store features a walk-in beer cold room with some 750 linear feet of shelving – nearly three times the space of the previous location. The cold room offers a wide selection of beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers and is chilled by outside air for much of the year.
● Other features include a portable tasting bar and ample parking.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has seven checkouts, including a customer service counter, and is wheelchair accessible.
● There are 20 full and part-time employees, including a product consultant, who can advise customers and licensees on menu and party planning, cellaring wine and stocking a bar. All staff are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday; 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Thursday and Friday; 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.