BACKGROUNDER - RELOCATED LCBO STORE IN CORNWALL - 1315B 2nd STREET EAST
December 10, 2013 09:29 ET
● The relocated 2nd Street East LCBO store (east of McConnell Avenue) offers improved convenience, selection and service.
● The official opening is Tuesday, December 10, 2013, at 9:30 a.m.
● The 6,425 square-foot 2nd Street East store has 3,725 square feet of display space, more than double the 1,685 square feet of the former Pitt Street store. There is a wide selection of more than 1,250 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails, coolers and beverage gift packs, and a VINTAGES section with up to 125 premium wines and spirits.
● The new store also offers more than 160 Ontario wines and a special VQA section with some 50 products.
● This location has a walk-in beer cold room with 390 linear feet of shelving. The cold room offers a wide selection of beers including Ontario craft beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers and is chilled by outside air for much of the year.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has four checkouts, including a customer service counter, and is wheelchair accessible.
● There are eight full-time and part-time employees who can advise customers and licensees on menu and party planning, cellaring wine and stocking a bar. All staff are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Saturday, and 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Sunday.
Senior Communications Consultant
Phone: 416 864-6875
Cell: 647 339-5428