BACKGROUNDER - NEW LCBO STORE IN EAST GWILLIMBURY - 180 GREEN LANE EAST
December 4, 2013 09:03 ET
● The new Green Lane East LCBO store offers improved convenience, selection and service.
● The official opening is Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at 9:30 a.m.
● The 12,000 square-foot Green Lane East store has more than 8,000 square feet of display space. There is a wide selection of products that includes more than 2,200 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails, coolers and beverage gift packs – as well as a VINTAGES section with up to 500 premium wines and spirits.
● It also offers more than 400 Ontario wines, including a section devoted to more than 250 VQA products.
● The new store features a walk-in beer cold room with some 620 linear feet of shelving. The cold room offers a wide selection of beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers and is chilled by outside air for much of the year.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The area’s population is expected to increase by 26 per cent over the next 10 years.
● The store has seven checkouts, including a customer service counter, ample parking and is wheelchair accessible.
● There are 15 full and part-time employees, including a product consultant, who can advise customers and licensees on menu and party planning, cellaring wine and stocking a bar. All staff are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday and noon to 5 p.m. on Sunday.