BACKGROUNDER - NEW LCBO STORE IN NIAGARA FALLS - 7481 OAKWOOD DRIVE
November 28, 2013 11:58 ET
● New store offers improved convenience and service to residents of Niagara Falls, bringing the total number of stores in the area to four.
● The population there is expected to increase by 74 per cent over the next 10 years.
● Official opening of the new store is Thursday, November 28, 2013, at 9:30 a.m.
● The new 5,000 square-foot Oakwood Drive store has a selection of almost 1,500 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails, coolers and beverage gift packs. It has approximately 175 VINTAGES premium wines and spirits.
● The new store has a prominent Ontario wines display at the front of the store showcasing about 300 Ontario wines, including 175 VQA wines. Many chilled wines are available.
● There is a walk-in beer cold room for a wide selection of beers, including Ontario craft beers, and ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. The cold room is chilled by outside air for much of the year.
● Other features include a gift section and a tasting bar.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has four checkouts, including a customer service counter, and is wheelchair accessible.
● There are eight full-time and part-time employees who are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday and 12:00 noon. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.