BACKGROUNDER: LCBO BRACEBRIDGE STORE - 125 MUSKOKA ROAD WEST, BRACEBRIDGE
November 27, 2013 13:56 ET
● The 125 Muskoka Road West LCBO store offers improved convenience, selection and service.
● The official opening is Wednesday, November 27, 2013, at 9:30 a.m.
● The 12,000 square-foot store is more than 3,500 square feet larger than the former Muskoka Road West store. It has 7,880 square feet of display space, some 2,600 square feet more than the former store. There is a wide selection of nearly 2,000 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails, coolers and beverage gift packs – including a VINTAGES section – compared with 1,500 in the former store.
● It also offers more than 300 brands of Ontario wines, including a section devoted to more than 185 VQA products.
● The new store features a walk-in beer cold room that spans some 560 linear feet. The cold room offers a wide selection of beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers and is chilled by outside air for much of the year.
● Other features include a tasting bar and increased parking.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has seven checkouts, including a customer service counter, and is wheelchair accessible.
● There are 10 full and part-time employees, including a product consultant, who can advise customers and licensees on menu and party planning, cellaring wine and stocking a bar. All staff are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday; 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Thursday and Friday; 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday.