BACKGROUNDER: LCBO THOMPSON ROAD STORE, 1105 THOMPSON ROAD, FORT ERIE
November 20, 2013 12:01 ET
● The relocated Thompson Road LCBO store at 1105 Thompson Road offers improved convenience, selection and service.
● The official opening is Wednesday, November 20, 2013, at 9:30 a.m.
● The 7,995 square-foot Thompson Road store is more than 2,600 square feet larger than the former Garrison Road store. It has 5,300 square feet of display space, some 1,800 square feet more than the former store. There is a wide selection of over 1,400 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails, coolers and beverage gift packs – including an expanded VINTAGES section with up to 200 premium wines and spirits – compared with 1,260 in the former store.
● It also offers more than 300 brands of Ontario wines, including a section devoted to more than 175 VQA products.
● The new store features a walk-in beer cold room that spans 450 linear feet. The cold room offers a wide selection of beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers and is chilled by outside air for much of the year.
● Other features include a tasting bar and increased parking.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has five checkouts, including a customer service counter, and is wheelchair accessible.
● There are nine full-time and part-time employees who can advise customers and licensees on menu and party planning, cellaring wine and stocking a bar. All staff are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Saturday, and 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.
Senior Communications Consultant
Phone: 416 864-6875
Cell: 647 339-5428