BACKGROUNDER: LCBO BANK & MCLEOD STREET STORE, 465 BANK STREET, OTTAWA
November 19, 2013 08:53 ET
● Relocated Bank and McLeod Street store offers improved convenience and service to residents in the Centretown and Glebe areas.
● Official opening of the relocated Bank and McLeod Street store is Tuesday, November 19, 2013, at 9:30 a.m.
● There are currently 36 LCBO stores serving Ottawa. This location is considered an urban infill store that will help address a service gap in this growing community.
● This store is part of a new urban development of an older neighbourhood and is triple the size of the old location at 240 Sparks Street. It will service a population of more than 25,000 residents. The population of the area is expected to grow by 10 per cent over the next 10 years.
● The 5,100 square-foot Bank and McLeod Street store has 3,100 square feet of display space and a selection of more than 1,290 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also carries more than 200 VINTAGES products.
● The new store has a prominent Ontario wine display at the front of the store showcasing more than 160 Ontario products, including some 65 VQA wines. Many chilled wines are available.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has four checkouts, including a customer service counter and is wheelchair accessible.
● There will be 10 full-time and part-time employees, including a product consultant who can advise customers and licensees on menu and party planning, cellaring wine and stocking a bar. They are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday and 12:00 noon. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.
Senior Communications Consultant
Phone: 416 864-6875
Cell: 647 339-5428