BACKGROUNDER - RELOCATED LEASIDE STORE - 65 WICKSTEED AVENUE, TORONTO
October 18, 2013 11:30 ET
● The relocated Leaside store offers improved convenience and service. The population of the area is expected to increase nine per cent over the next 10 years.
● The official opening is Friday, October 18, 2013, at 9:30 a.m.
● The 18,000 square-foot Leaside store is nearly 8,000 square feet larger than the former Leaside store. It has 12,800 square feet of display space, which is more than 5,600 square feet larger than the former store. There is a selection of more than 2,700 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails, coolers and beverage gift packs, compared with 1,800 in the former store, and a VINTAGES section with 850 to 1000 premium wines and spirits.
● The new store has a prominent Ontario wines display at the front of the store showcasing more than 400 Ontario wines, including 290 VQA wines. Many chilled wines are available.
● This store will offer consumers an extensive assortment of Ontario craft beer and have an in-house beer ambassador. The store’s expanded selection of craft beer will also feature more seasonal products and craft beer merchandised by style.
● The 1,625 square foot, walk-in beer cold room has an Ontario craft beer section that spans 160 linear feet. The cold room is chilled by outside air for much of the year and offers a wide selection of beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers.
● Other features include a gift section and a tasting bar.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has eight checkouts, including a customer service counter, and is wheelchair accessible.
● There are 40 full-time and part-time employees, including four product consultants who can advise customers and licensees on menu and party planning, cellaring wine and stocking a bar. All staff are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Saturday and 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Sunday.