BACKGROUNDER RELOCATED LCBO BOWMANVILLE STORE2344 HIGHWAY 2
October 9, 2013 10:18 ET
● New store offers improved convenience and service to residents of Bowmanville as the population increases by an expected 23 per cent over the next 10 years.
● Official opening of the relocated Bowmanville store is Wednesday, October 9, 2013, at 9:30 a.m.
● The 14,000 square-foot store has nearly 10,000 square feet of display space – more than double the space of the previous store - and a selection of 2,300 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails, coolers and beverage gift packs. It also has a VINTAGES section with more than 300 premium wines and spirits.
● This store has a prominent Ontario wines display at the front of the store showcasing 420 Ontario wines, including more than 260 VQA wines – over 100 more than were available in the previous location. Many chilled wines are available.
● A walk-in beer cold room offering a wide selection of beers, including Ontario craft beers, and ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. The cold room is chilled by outside air for much of the year.
● Other features include a gift section and a portable tasting bar.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has seven checkouts, including a customer service counter, and is wheelchair accessible.
● There are 19 full-time and part-time employees, including a product consultant who can advise customers and licensees on menu and party planning, cellaring wine and stocking a bar. All staff are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday and 12:00 noon to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.