FACT SHEET: OUR WINE COUNTRY BOUTIQUE FEATURES AT LCBO PORTAGE ROAD STORE, NIAGARA FALLS
September 12, 2013 14:09 ET
Ministry of Finance
The launch of LCBO’s Our Wine Country boutiques in Niagara Falls, St. Catharines and Windsor fulfills a government commitment to enhance support for the province’s wine industry.
Located inside select full-size LCBO stores, these boutiques have the look and feel of a trip to wine country and offer an expanded selection of Ontario wines, including hard-to-find, niche and ultra-premium products. They raise the profile of Ontario wine, offer a unique Ontario wine shopping experience, make it easier for customers to discover and learn about the exceptional products produced here at home, and support Ontario winery sales.
The Niagara Falls boutique features more than 400 Ontario VQA listings chosen from leading wineries. Unique design concepts and features of this boutique include:
- The Our Wine Country boutique in Niagara Falls is 755 square feet with chilled wines and custom-designed display units to feature Icewines.
- The interiors of the Our Wine Country boutiques are designed to reflect the relaxed look and feel of elements from a weathered harvest barn, creating a distinct shopping environment that emulates a visit to wine country.
- Simplified fixtures consist of white-washed, quarter-cut oak with contrasting vanilla surfaces and charcoal metal detailing. Open ceilings with suspended honey-stained, rough sawn oak baffles create a roof effect and flooring consists of planked porcelain tiles in weathered tones of sand, taupe and grey.
- For local wine and food pairings and samplings, there is a tasting table with anchored seating that has the look and feel of the family kitchen. A large digital screen will also display video and still images of Ontario wine country.
- Three World of Ontario Wine (WOW) leaders – specialists in Ontario wine – are available to assist customers.
- Wines in the section are organized by varietal instead of region with internally illuminated white and red wine wall sections.
LCBO Media Relations Co-ordinator
Tel: 416 864-6772
Cell: 416 587-3729
LCBO Senior Communications Consultant
Tel: 416 864-6875
Cell: 647 339-5428
|Please follow us on Twitter @LCBONEWS.