BACKGROUNDER - RELOCATED LCBO WELLINGTON STORE
August 28, 2013 10:13 ET
● Relocated store offers improved convenience and service to residents in the Wellington area.
● Official opening of the expanded 460 Main Street store is August 28, 2013, at 9:30 a.m.
● There is a walk-in beer cold room with a wide selection of beers, including Ontario craft beers, and ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. The cold room is chilled by outside air for much of the year.
● This store will serve a population of more than 6,800 residents. The population of the area is expected to grow by 4.5 per cent over the next 10 years.
● The 5,100 square-foot store has 3,090 square feet of retail space and a selection of more than 800 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also carries 40 to 80 VINTAGES premium wines and spirits.
● The new store has a prominent Ontario wine display at the front of the store showcasing 385 Ontario wines. It features 160 VQA products, including 38 Prince Edward County VQA wines. Many chilled wines are available.
● Other customer service features include a gift section and a tasting bar.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has two checkouts and is wheelchair accessible.
● There will be four full-time and part-time employees. They are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday to Thursday as well as Saturday; 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Fridays, and 12:00 noon to 4:00 p.m. on Sunday.
LCBO Senior Communications Consultant
Tel: 416 864-6875
Cell: 647 339-5428