BACKGROUNDER - LCBO WHITBY - 629 VICTORIA ST. W.
August 14, 2013 17:37 ET
● New Whitby South LCBO store offers improved convenience and beverage alcohol retail service. The population of the area is expected to increase by 60 per cent over the next 10 years.
● The official opening is Wednesday, August 14, 2013 at 9:30 a.m.
● The 8,000 square-foot Whitby South store has 5,000 square feet of display space. There is a selection of more than 1,700 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails, coolers and beverage gift packs and a VINTAGES section with up to 350 premium wines and spirits.
● The new store has a prominent Ontario wine display at the front of the store showcasing 300 Ontario wines, including 150 VQA wines. Many chilled wines and Ontario craft beers are available.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market and consumer research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has four checkouts, including a customer service counter, a gift section and is wheelchair accessible.
● There are nine full-time and part-time employees who are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday and 12:00 noon to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.
LCBO Media Relations Co-ordinator
Tel: 416 864-6772
Cell: 416 587-3729