BACKGROUNDER - EXPANDED LCBO BURLINGTON MAPLE MEWS PLAZA STORE
August 13, 2013 10:20 ET
● Expanded Maple Mews Plaza store on Fairview Street offers improved convenience of one-stop beverage alcohol service to Burlington residents.
● Official opening of the Maple Mews Plaza store is Tuesday, August 13, 2013, at 9:30 a.m.
● There are currently 7 LCBO stores serving Burlington.
● The Fairview Street store will service a population of some 87,400 residents. The population of the area is expected to grow by approximately eight per cent over the next 10 years.
● This 12,149 square-foot Fairview Street store has 7,413 square feet of display space and a selection of more than 1,940 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also carries approximately 215 VINTAGES products and some 345 VQA wines. The expanded location is approximately 39 per cent larger than the current space.
● A new feature of this enlarged store is a refrigerated beer cold room that uses a free cooling system. When the outdoor temperature drops below a determined set point, the outside air is drawn into the cold room refrigeration system. The intake of this outside cool air eliminates the use of refrigeration equipment, thus providing the store with approximately 145 days of free cooling.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has six checkouts and is wheelchair accessible.
● There will be 25 full-time and part-time employees, including two product consultants who can advise customers and licensees on menu and party planning, cellaring wine and stocking a bar. They are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 9:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday and 12:00 noon to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.
LCBO Senior Communications Consultant
Tel: 416 864-6875
Cell: 647 339-5428