BACKGROUNDER - LCBO TORONTO BAYVIEW & MILLWOOD STORE - 1524 BAYVIEW AVENUE
April 26, 2013 11:16 ET
● New Bayview & Millwood store offers improved convenience and service to residents in the Leaside area.
● Official opening of the new Bayview & Millwood store is Friday, April 26, 2013, at 9:30 a.m.
● There are currently 139 LCBO stores serving the GTA. This location is considered an urban infill store that will help address a service gap in this growing community.
● The Bayview & Millwood store is part of a pedestrian-friendly, urban retail strip along Bayview Avenue characterized by boutique shops, restaurants, bakeries and produce/organic meat shops. This store will service a population of more than 8,600 residents. The population of the area is expected to grow by five per cent over the next 10 years.
● The 3,600 square-foot Bayview & Millwood store has 2,500 square feet of display space and a selection of 830 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. It also carries 65 VINTAGES products.
● The new store has a prominent Ontario wine display at the front of the store showcasing 155 Ontario products, including some 90 VQA wines. Many chilled wines are available.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has three checkouts and is wheelchair accessible.
● There will be 11 full-time and part-time employees, including a product consultant who can advise customers and licensees on menu and party planning, cellaring wine and stocking a bar. They are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday and 12:00 noon to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.
LCBO Senior Communications Consultant
Tel: 416 864-6875
Cell: 647 339-5428