BACKGROUNDER - LCBO PORTAGE ROAD STORE - NIAGARA FALLS, ONTARIO
April 23, 2013 10:10 ET
• Relocated 12,000 square-foot LCBO Portage Road store is expected to be a destination outlet for Niagara Falls and area shoppers.
• The store has more than 8,000 square feet of display space, offering more than 1,600 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers and beverage alcohol gift packs.
• There is a prominent Ontario wine display with more than 360 Ontario wines and more than 200 VQA wines and a large VINTAGES section offering more than 200 fine wines and premium spirits.
• The store also offers a large walk-in cold room showcasing LCBO’s wide selection of beer, ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers, including many Ontario craft beers.
• Other features include a gift display and a portable tasting bar.
• The store has seven checkouts, including a customer service counter, ample parking and is wheelchair accessible.
• The product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests. LCBO market research projects the area population will grow by eight per cent in the next decade.
• There are 12 full-time and part-time employees who can advise customers and licensees on menu and party planning, cellaring wine and stocking a bar. All staff have completed product knowledge and responsible service training.
• Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday, and 12 noon to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.
LCBO Senior Communications Consultant
Tel: 416 864-6875
Cell: 647 339-5428