BACKGROUNDER - LCBO PEMBROKE STORE - 1050 PEMBROKE STREET EAST
April 16, 2013 09:51 ET
● New Pembroke store offers improved convenience and service. The population of the area is expected to increase more than six per cent over the next 10 years.
● The official opening is Tuesday, April 16, 2013, at 9:30 a.m.
● The 10,000 square-foot Pembroke store is 3,000 square feet larger than the former store and has 7,000 square feet of display space, almost double the display space of the former store. There is a selection of more than 1,600 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails, coolers and beverage gift packs, compared with 1,200 in the former store, and a VINTAGES section with 275 premium wines and spirits, a five-fold increase.
● The new store has a prominent Ontario wines display at the front of the store showcasing nearly 300 Ontario wines, including 140 VQA wines. Many chilled wines are available.
● There is a walk-in beer cold room for a wide selection of beers, including Ontario craft beers, and ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. The cold room is chilled by outside air for much of the year.
● Other features include a gift section and a tasting bar.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has six checkouts, including a customer service counter, and is wheelchair accessible.
● There are 17 full-time and part-time employees, including a product consultant who can advise customers and licensees on menu and party planning, cellaring wine and stocking a bar. They are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday and 12:00 noon. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.
LCBO Media Relations Co-ordinator
Tel: 416 864-6772
Cell: 416 587-3729