BACKGROUNDER - LCBO OTTAWA RIVERSIDE SOUTH STORE - 4460 LIMEBANK ROAD
April 4, 2013 14:34 ET
● New store offers improved convenience and service to residents of Riverside South as the population increases by an expected 85 per cent over the next 10 years.
● LCBO has 26 stores in the Ottawa area.
● Official opening of the new Limebank Road store is Thursday, April 4, 2013, at 9:30 a.m. It opened to the public on March 26, 2013.
● The 10,000 square-foot store has 7,000 square feet of display space and a selection of 1,300 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails, coolers and beverage gift packs. It also has a VINTAGES section with more than 300 premium wines and spirits.
● The new store has a prominent Ontario wines display at the front of the store showcasing 300 Ontario wines, including 175 VQA wines. Many chilled wines are available.
● There is a walk-in beer cold room for a wide selection of beers, including Ontario craft beers, and ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. The cold room is chilled by outside air for much of the year.
● Other features include a gift section and a tasting bar.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has six checkouts, including a customer service counter, and is wheelchair accessible.
● There are 11 full-time and part-time employees, including a product consultant who can advise customers and licensees on menu and party planning, cellaring wine and stocking a bar. They are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday and 12:00 noon to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.
LCBO Media Relations Co-ordinator
Tel: 416 864-6772
Cell: 416 587-3729