BACKGROUNDER - LCBO KINGSVILLE - 390 MAIN STREET EAST
March 14, 2013 10:09 ET
● New store offers improved convenience and service to Kingsville residents, replacing a century-old building with on-street parking only, used by the LCBO since 1976. The population of Kingsville is expected to increase by 13 per cent over the next 10 years.
● Official opening of the new store is Thursday, March 14, 2013, at 9:30 a.m.
● The 5,000 square-foot store has almost 2,800 square feet of display space, more than double the store it replaces, and a selection of 750 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails, coolers and beverage gift packs. It also has a VINTAGES section with more than 80 premium wines and spirits.
● The new store has a prominent Ontario wines display at the front of the store showcasing 170 Ontario wines, double the former store. The selection includes more than 70 VQA wines, three times as many as before. Many chilled wines are available.
● A wide variety of 160 beers is available, including Ontario craft beers.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has four checkouts, including a customer service counter, and is wheelchair accessible.
● There are five full-time and part-time employees. All are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday to Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and 12:00 noon to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.
LCBO Media Relations Co-ordinator
Tel: 416 864-6772
Cell: 416 587-3729