BACKGROUNDER - LCBO WINDSOR - 7640 TECUMSEH ROAD EAST
March 13, 2013 09:49 ET
● New store offers improved convenience and service to Windsor, including more VQA wines and more VINTAGES premium wines and spirits than the store it replaces. The population in the area is expected to increase by four per cent over the next 10 years.
● Official opening of the new store is Wednesday, March 13, 2013, at 9:30 a.m.
● There are six LCBO stores in Windsor.
● The new 12,000 square-foot Tecumseh Mall store has a selection of more than 1,900 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails, coolers and beverage gift packs. It has more than 400 VINTAGES premium wines and spirits, more than double the former store.
● The new store has a prominent Ontario wines display at the front of the store showcasing 500 Ontario wines, including 300 VQA wines, also more than double the former store. Many chilled wines are available.
● There is a walk-in beer cold room for a wide selection of beers, including Ontario craft beers, and ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. The cold room is chilled by outside air for much of the year.
● Other features include a gift section and a tasting bar.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has seven checkouts, including a customer service counter, and is wheelchair accessible.
● There are 19 full-time and part-time employees, including a product consultant who can advise customers and licensees on menu and party planning, cellaring wine and stocking a bar. They are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday and 12:00 noon. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.
LCBO Media Relations Co-ordinator
Tel: 416 864-6772
Cell: 416 587-3729