BACKGROUNDER LCBO FERGUS STORE - 97 PARKSIDE DRIVE WEST
March 11, 2013 13:29 ET
● New store offers improved convenience and service to Fergus, replacing an older, smaller store opened in 1954. The population is expected to increase by 30 per cent over the next 10 years.
● Official opening of the new store is Thursday, March 7, 2013, at 9:30 a.m. It will be open to the public at 10:00 a.m. The existing store will be closed on March 6 to facilitate the relocation.
● The new store is 8,000 square feet with 4,800 square feet of display space, double the display space of the former store. It has a selection of 1,600 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails, coolers and beverage gift packs, and more than 100 VINTAGES premium wines and spirits.
● The new store has a prominent Ontario wines display at the front of the store showcasing more than 330 Ontario wines, including more than 100 VQA wines. Many chilled wines are available.
● There is a walk-in beer cold room with a wide selection of beers, including Ontario craft beers, and ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers.
● The cold room uses outside air for several months of the year, rather than refrigerated air, which keeps the cold room cool at little or no cost with significant environmental benefits. It can cut electricity use by up to 10 per cent.
● Other features include a gift section and a tasting bar.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has four checkouts, including a customer service counter, 55 parking spaces and is wheelchair accessible.
● There are 11 full-time and part-time employees. All are trained in product knowledge and responsible service.
● Hours of operation are: Monday to Wednesday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Thursday and Friday 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday from 12:00 noon to 5:00 p.m.
LCBO Media Relations Co-ordinator
Tel: 416 864-6772
Cell: 416 587-3729