BACKGROUNDER: LCBO PORT PERRY STORE
February 14, 2013 10:15 ET
● New store offers: improved convenience and service to Port Perry, replacing an older, smaller store with less parking.
● Official opening of the new store is Thursday, February 14, 2013, at 9:30 a.m. It will open to the public at 10:00 a.m.
● The 10,000 square-foot store has 6,500 square feet of display space, three times more than the store it replaces, and a selection of more than 1,600 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails, coolers and beverage gift packs, nearly double the number of the former store. It also has a VINTAGES section with more than 200 premium wines and spirits.
● The new store has a prominent Ontario wines display at the front of the store showcasing more than 300 Ontario wines, nearly three times as many Ontario wines as the former store. The selection includes nearly 200 Ontario VQA wines, a five-fold increase over the former store. Many chilled wines are available.
● There is a walk-in beer cold room for a wide selection of beers, including Ontario craft beers, and ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers. The cold room is chilled by outside air for much of the year.
● Other features include a gift section and a portable tasting bar.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has five checkouts, including a customer service counter, four times as many parking spaces as the former store, and is wheelchair accessible.
● There are 15 full-time and part-time employees, including a product consultant who can advise customers and licensees on menu and party planning, cellaring wine and stocking a bar. All have completed product knowledge and responsible service training.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday and 12:00 noon. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.
LCBO Media Relations Co-ordinator
Tel: 416 864-6772
Cell: 416 587-3729