LCBO PAISLEY ROAD GUELPH BACKGROUNDER
February 11, 2013 09:18 ET
● New store in the West Hills Centre offers improved convenience and service in a growing area and brings the number of LCBO stores in Guelph to five. The population of the area is expected to increase by 23 per cent over the next 10 years.
● Official opening of the new store is Monday, February 11, 2013, at 9:30 a.m.
● The 9,400 square-foot store has a selection of 1,700 wines, spirits, beers, ready-to-drink cocktails, coolers and beverage gift packs and more than 200 VINTAGES premium wines and spirits.
● The new store has a prominent Ontario wines display at the front of the store showcasing 350 Ontario wines, including more than 200 VQA wines. Many chilled wines are available.
● There is a walk-in beer cold room for a wide selection of beers, including Ontario craft beers and ready-to-drink cocktails and coolers.
● The cold room uses outside air for several months of the year, rather than refrigerated air, which keeps the cold room cool at little to no cost with significant environmental benefits. It can cut electricity use by up to 10 per cent.
● Other features include a gift section and a tasting bar.
● The store’s product mix is the result of market research, matching products and services to local tastes and demographics, and community interests.
● The store has five checkouts, including a customer service counter, 50 parking spots plus plaza parking, and is wheelchair accessible.
● There are 12 full-time and part-time employees, including a product consultant who can advise customers and licensees on menu and party planning, cellaring wine and stocking a bar. They have completed product knowledge and responsible service training.
● Hours of operation are 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Monday to Saturday and 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.
LCBO Media Relations Co-ordinator
Tel: 416 864-6772
Cell: 416 587-3729