Annual Report 2019-2020
The LCBO supports its people, customers, and partners, to ensure engaging, responsible, safe shopping experiences, constantly focused on improving digital and retail channels to help Ontarians discover the world of wines, beer, ciders, and spirits. Investments in technology, training, and infrastructure support our constant modernization and continue to be a driving force in our operations.
View the Online Annual Report (PDF)
- Dividend of $2.38 billion to the Government of Ontario - the 26th year in a row of increased transfers
- e-Commerce sales soared by almost 20 percent from last year
- Customer donations raised a record $12.7 million for charitable organizations including the United Way of Greater Toronto, MADD Canada, Children’s Hospitals of Ontario, and the newest partner, Women’s College Hospital Foundation
- Total number of active grocers selling beer, cider, and in some stores, wine, is now 439, providing Ontarians with more convenience and choice
The LCBO is a proud contributor to the Government of Ontario. The revenues it generates supports key public programs and services for Ontarians, including health care, education, and infrastructure, both at a provincial and local level.
- Dividends transferred to the Ontario Government: $2.38 billion
- Revenue: $6.77 billion
- Net Income: $2.40 billion
- Total e-Commerce sales: $23.4 million
- Grocery: Sales from the wholesale supply of beer, wine and cider to grocery stores totaled $320 million with 439 active store authorizations by the end of FY2020
The LCBO is a responsible retailer dedicated to bringing the best products from Ontario and the world to the province efficiently, effectively – and safely.
- Number of LCBO stores serving communities across Ontario: 669
- LCBO Convenience Outlet (LCO) Program stores (previously titled agency stores) added an additional 160 locations
- Total number of products available in-store and online at the LCBO, LCOs and Specialty Services: 31,500+
- e-Commerce sales increased nearly 20 percent year over year
- Same-Day Pickup pilot program expanded
SUSTAINABILITY & SOCIAL IMPACT
Through our contribution to the province and Spirit of Sustainability, we are making a positive impact in communities and the lives of Ontarians and ensuring our customers can do the same.
- Increase in our total community investment with $12.7 million raised to support organizations including:
- MADD Canada
- Women’s College Hospital Foundation
- The United Way of Greater Toronto
- Children’s Hospitals of Ontario including Children’s Health Foundation, McMaster Children’s Hospital Foundation, SickKids Foundation, and the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) Foundation
- Alcohol literacy initiative reached 1.3 million Ontarians aged 19-25
- Bring on the New campaign focused on customers’ well-being, which provided expanded product selection that promotes lighter beverage choices, lower sugar, lower calorie, lower alcohol and alcohol-free products
- 712,600 product tests in the LCBO’s world-class quality assurance laboratory
- Ensured safe and informed consumption with 217,515 total annual refusals, of which 82.3 percent of refusals were related to age
- 80.8 percent of containers returned by customers through the Ontario Deposit Return Program
Annual Financial Statements