e-Commerce Program Components:
Online Exclusives (Products With Value-Adds)
How It Works
Building on LCBO’s successful Wine Wednesday Program, we are looking for products that offer great Value-Adds exclusively for our eCommerce channel across all categories.
The product itself does not need to be an eCommerce exclusive, but the offer (product with value-add) must be an eCommerce exclusive. Offers can be single or multiple products with a value-add.. The value-add is the offer ‘story’.
NOTE: This is a Non-Applied Program in MPTS. Please apply by completing the Excel Application Form before the deadline.
What We're Looking For
We are looking for unique, solution-driven and premium value-adds that are going to drive customers to purchase your product online. As this is an online exclusive offer, we are not restricted by retail shelf constraints, so get creative!
- - General list spirits, beer, cider, RTD, wines and Vintages Essentials are eligible to participate
- - Note: We encourage participating products in Spirits EA 1-4 Value-Add Partnerships to present enhanced eCommerce offers through this program
- We are looking for the product(s) and value-add offer to align with the larger promotional/seasonal themes and/or align to key occasions/events
- - Feature placement on the day the offer launches on lcbo.com’s respective Category Landing page
- - Feature placement on the Online Exclusives page until the offer is sold through (up to four weeks). The expectation is that the offer will sell through within ONE WEEK
- - Value-Adds must adhere to the AGCO rule that the value add cannot exceed 20% of the value of the product(s) to which it is applied.
- - Minimum $25K sales forecast for Wine Wednesday Offers
- - Minimum sales forecast $15K for all other offers
- - There is no cost to participate in this program at this time; bring us your very best Value-Adds!
- - Any scheduling of Social and CRM supports will be determined by LCBO and will be dependent on inventory availability
Supplier Value-Add Requirements
- - All offer contents (tools, branded box, etc.)
- - Packaging colour
- - Quantity of value adds
- - Size (mL) if applicable
- - Type of glass – rocks, balloon, martini
- - Is it branded?
- - Is the value add FREE? Or incremental in cost?
- - Any extra unique aspects
- - There is no cost to participate except for the cost of the value-add
This is a Phase 1 (Excel Applied) Promotional Program.
To apply, download the Application Form posted on the Promotional Calendar page, complete and return to your Category Partner by the noted deadline.