How to Apply
There are two types of promotional opportunities. Previously, they were referred to as Non-Applied and Applied. Note that we have changed the terminology to more clearly articulate the promotions and the application process.
They are now called Phase 1 and Phase 2 Promotions, and refer specifically to the type of application that we require submitted by Trade Partners in each case:
- - “Excel Applied Deadlines - Phase 1 (Key Displays & Activations)”
- - “MPTS Applied Deadlines - Phase 2 (Secondary Displays & Support)”
For EXCEL APPLIED DEADLINES - PHASE 1 (KEY DISPLAYS & ACTIVATIONS):
- - Complete the application form, “F23 Phase 2 Promotional Opportunities Application Form,” (linked below) and submit by the deadline indicted on the following page.
- - We expect to receive one file per supplier. If applying for promotional opportunities in multiple periods please indicate on the application form.
- - Mock-ups for all supplier produced merchandisers and enhanced activations are also required at the time of application.
- - *UPDATED PROCESS* Change the title of the document to include the applicant name (e.g. Agent or Vendor), and send the application file to email@example.com
- - ONLY successful applicants will be notified, due to the volume of applications.
Phase 1 (Key Displays & Activations) Programs:
Entrance Table/Cocktail of the Month with Program Page
Front Nesting Table with Homepage Feature
Middle Nesting Table with Homepage Feature
Feature Page (in conjunction with an in-store display/activation)
Feature Page (without a connection to in-store display space)
- - Online One Day Sale: Boxing Day
- - Online One Day Sale: Canada Day
- - Online One Day Sale: Civic Holiday
- - Online One Day Sale: Cyber Monday
- - Online One Day Sale: Spring Sale
- - Online One Day Sale: Family Day
- - Online One Day Sale: Labour Day
- - Online One Day Sale: Thanksgiving
- - Online One Day Sale: Victoria Day
- - Online Weekend-Long Featured Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale
- - Online Week-Long Featured Pre-Black Friday Sale
For MPTS APPLIED DEADLINES - PHASE 2 (SECONDARY DISPLAYS & SUPPORT), Trade partners can apply directly in MPTS.
- - Successful applicants will be notified per the deadlines below.
LCBO will consider several factors when reviewing applications:
- - Size of the brand and growth trend
- - LCBO benefit: Sales, up-sell potential, relevancy
- - Alignment with LCBO seasonal themes, evergreen themes, and key consumer occasions.
- - Consumer benefit: Education, solution, engagement, value
- - Spirit of Sustainability information provided
Please note that promotional forecasts are now mandatory at the time of your application for both Phase 1 and Phase 2 opportunities. Applications without forecasts included will not be considered.
Fiscal 2022/23 Deadlines
Please note that this year there are two separate application deadlines for Applied Deadlines - Phase 1 (Key Displays & Activations) and MPTS Applied Deadlines - Phase 2 (Secondary Displays & Support).
To express interest in any Phase 1 programming, please complete the promotional application form in Excel provided on doingbusinesswithlcbo.com
In previous years, Beer, Cider & RTD had separate deadlines for application from Wines & Spirits. FY23 Deadlines are one and the same for all categories, referenced below.
*Note*: the P3/4 Phase 2 Application Deadline for Trade has been extended from November 19 to November 22.
UPDATE MARCH 2021: The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has new regulations about safety and traceability, and as such a new Form is required for all Value-Add submissions when they are food.
The submission questionnaire may be downloaded below.